COVID 19 UPDATE
Even though governor DeWine has opened up summer day camps as of May 31, we have elected to remain closed. We plan to re-open our camps stating June 29th. So for now our camps are going virtual. Megan and Kayla, pictured to the left are very excited to bring you a wonderful art camp experience via You Tube. To check out our VIRTUAL CAMP prices and descriptions click on SUMMER CAMP on the menu bar.
Our camps are now virtual! Here’s our Plan…
We at the Art Workshop, can’t wait to bring you our fun and comprehensive online camps. Our goal is make it as close to a real camp experience as possible. We love our campers and don’t want them to miss out on having a cool experience with us this summer!
Here’s what we envision and some comments on how our camp would be different from other online classes or camps
- Our camp will include all materials needed for the week. The project materials and t-shirt would be packed up each week for you to pick up on Monday if you live in Cincinnati. If you live out of town, your supplies can be mailed to you or you can purchase the camp without supplies. . We are talking about seriously nice supplies. ( Between $20 and $25 value) This would allow the kids to do everything that they would do at our regular camp and have the same quality.
2) Our 5 weekly projects would be video taped and put on You Tube for you to watch anytime of the day. You may watch them as many times as you want and stop and start them. Our lessons include all supplies needed for the project, an art history reference(artist or time period), explanations of art vocabulary, a demonstration and of course, FUN.. The project video will only be available to enrolled students.
3) A PDF will be attached to the video in case you want to read or print out the project lesson..
4) An optional Zoom session would be held once a day between 3-4:00pm for kids to ask the teacher a question, get help on the project or show off what they have made.
5.) Photos of your artwork can be sent to your teacher so that on Friday we can have an optional Art Show with the kids who have participated that week. Their artwork will be posted on our website Gallery for everyone to see. The Gallery will be available to share with grandparents and friends.
6) Pottery wheel camp will be all clay projects. Instead of using all regular firing clay we would include a combination of different kinds of clays that will not have to be fired. The artwork that needs to be fired will have to be returned to us at the end of the week and picked up after they are fired.
7.) There are special things about our camps that we can not send home. But we will do our best to help the kids have a fun experience. There will be surprises in every kit sent home or mailed.
8.) Try these virtual camps and for any reason don’t like it, you will get a full refund (less the cost of supplies).
SO GIVE THE KIDS SOMETHING TO LOOK FORWARD TO AND SIGN THEM UP FOR THE BEST ART CAMP IN TOWN. NO KIDDING, WE ARE RATED IN THE TOP BY
CINCINNATI FAMILY MAGAZINE.
What sets us apart from other kid’s art studios?
A creative environment with an Art Library
Pottery Wheel Classes
Certified art teachers
Flexible schedules/Join Anytime
Home school classes
Amazing Summer Camps
Because some kids just can’t get enough art we offer art enrichment classes. for all ages beginning at 3. Our class offerings include pottery wheel, cartooning. and comic book Mom/Dad and Me, Preschool, Drawing, Freestyle, and teen classes. Just click on the class link above to see a complete listing.
Our new class, Freestyle allows kids to come in and choose their own project. You can make a sculpture or vase out of clay for example. A lot of places offer painting pre-made pottery but ours is the only studio that offers creating your own art out of clay and then glazing it. But that’s not all, you can create a painting, drawing, or sculpture with guidance in this class. The sky’s the limit! Freestyle also gives schedule flexibility to parents because students can come any day of the week or Saturday to work on their project
The Art Workshop’s bright and airy studio space is centrally located in the Cincinnati suburb of Hyde Park. Art Workshop has been fostering the love of art for over 30 years. We hope to see you here!